Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My uncle died in 2008 in Florida. How do I find out if he

Customer Question

My uncle died in 2008 in Florida. How do I find out if he left a will?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

The only way to know for sure if someone had a will would be to contact the local probate court where the person lived and see if anyone ever opened a probate case to settle their estate. If so, then any will would have been filed in the probate case and would be a public record that anyone could get a copy of.

.

But if the will was never filed for probate, then there is no way to know if there ever was a will because they are completely confidential and private until they are filed for probate after someone dies..

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Can you tell me where he resided at the time of his death?

Hello, I think another expert and I posted at about the same time... Just wanted to make sure you saw my answer so I will post it again...

.

.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My uncle lived in Winter Park, Florida at the time of his death in 2008.

Ok, were you able to see my answer above?

.

.

thanks