David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

I work in northern as an independent contractor in the

I work in northern Virginia as an independent contractor in the intelligence community with a company holding my clearances and paying me as a 1099 IC. I was told by my project manager that 40 positions in the company had been lost and that my position as an IC will be replaced by one of the out of people that lost their contract. I said I understand completely. Truth came out that the government manager wanted me fired so this story was made up to save me the embasserment of being fired. Month goes by and said project manager goes to tell the government management about my replacement and it seems the government manager forgot he fired me and was angry I was leaving do the project manager made up a story I wanted to go home and watch my grand chi
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's about it
Hello: I do not believe a legal violation has occurred. However, I would make sure the managers all understand you want to stay and see if you can keep your position. If the manager has lied about you go above him or her and make sure your real situation is understood. Good luck with everything. David