How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114028
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was at the Hollywood casino in Kansas city Kansas last

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** was at the Hollywood casino in Kansas city Kansas last night and I hit a $1700 jackpot. I have an returned check there in the amount of $400 which I had wrote on Nov. 1 016 and had notified the Hollywoo casino that I would be in on v. 29th 2016 to pay the check and fees. After 50 minutes of waiting for the payout I was escorted to the cashiers cage with no explanation by several casino security . I was treated like a criminal .
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Hollywood was withholding my payout for the returned check I am a a long time patron with tier status as an Icon card holder. I was then escorted out of casino and was told I was not allowed on the property until I had the returned check taken care of.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, legally they can refuse to make a payout to someone who has a bounced check with the casino. It does surprise me though that they did not deduct the money for the check from your winnings, which is something they typically do. At this point though, the problem is with management of the casino who has the right to escort or bar anyone from the premises that they choose. You need to contact the casino upper management though, as they are the ones who can change the decision and resolve the dispute and their decision is final.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.