Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am trying to help a friend who has an issues with a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My name is***** am trying to help a friend who has an issues with a company that is trying to take a lien on her house. She is 66 yrs young. She has told me that the company; !st Atlantic Resoulation
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She has a court date on Dec. 2.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When she had Flood Damage, she told me that the person that called had bullied her to have them do the work, or her Insurance company, Nationwide would drop her. She was very upset due to damage to house and chronic depression and pains, so she is getting Disability for. Can you help her or give some advice.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is the problem she is having with them? Does she owe them money? What is her insurance company doing about paying them?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
She owes them 11,000+, they are trying to place a lien on her house. Her insurance, Nationwide, paid her for the work: 9,000! But when she went to cash it, the Manager at bank told her that they overcharged her for work, and that she should keep it.
Thank you for your reply.
the manager at the bank had no business sticking their nose into her personal business. His conduct caused her this problem for telling her something illegal and improper. So if he told her that, then she needs to consider suing the bank and bank manager for interfering in her business. That is the first thing.
Second thing is that she needs to contact the insurance company and negotiate with them to pay the additional $2000, but the remaining $9000 is her own fault for listening to someone at the bank who had no clue as to what they were talking about, so she can seek to sue the bank for giving out legal advice and the bank employee as well, but I am afraid she is going to have to pay the company that did the work or they will get a judgment against her on the damages for doing the work.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you for your help
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.