Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received a lawsuit for a debt that's not mine it was my

Customer Question

I received a lawsuit for a debt that's not mine it was my wife the plaintiff said her bank rupcy was discharged but not mine ,it was her credit card ,it was discharged in 2008,i didn't know she had the credit card.i never used it,or seen it . 4 months before I was summoned by him to court I sent a letter asking for validation twice it .for 5 yrs I didn't hear any thing from him so I missed my court date. After so long not receiving validation,in 2015 he summons me to another court ,tricked me to sign a objection to garnishment ten minutes later I had a default judgement.the discharged debt was 3,027.00 he sued me for 6,687 dollars, I have never had proof of this debt ,before or after judgement.i need some one to handle this for me. Thanks.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?