Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

My name is Tawana!!
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i would like to sue the state of Georgia for violating my constitutional rights
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 9 days ago.

Can you explain the situation a little more please? Generally, many government entities cannot be sue due to government immunity (e.g., a person cannot sue a judge who sentenced them to jail).

What exactly happened, and who is the government are you looking to sue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was going through a divorce and my husband accused me of threatening him. I was arrested and bailed out of jail about 2 years ago. I went for trial 22 times and was told to go home each time. I was not given a reason why my trial was delayed . My constitutional right says I have a right to a speedy trial. A trial within 70days. I want to sue the state of Georgia and the judge .
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello, a different expert here. I suspect that no one ever filed the necessary Motion for Speedy Trial on your behalf. When the defendant isn't in jail, and the prosecution keeps asking for continuances, judges will usually grant the continuance, unless there is such a motion on file. Defendants who are not in custody usually don't complain about not going to trial. Robert, the prior expert, is correct is.You would be wasting your time and money to try to sue either the state of Georgia or the judge. They are both immune from such lawsuits. I'm sorry that I cannot give you more favorable information, but we are obliged to tell our customers the absolute truth, and not just what they want to hear

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.