How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchase a used pickup truck last week. Iowa is the state

Customer Question

I purchase a used pickup truck last week.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Iowa is the state 2007 F150, but the paperwork my wife and I signed did not match it had the wrong VIN Number .
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they call me and told me to come back in and re-signed that they made a mistake we had you sign for the wrong truck which is a 2014.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know is it my right to turn in the 2007 and get the 2014 for the same price of the 2007 that I signed for because they made the mistake not me.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

It depends what you intended to buy. If you intended to buy a 2007, and paid that price, and they made a mistake with a 2014, you do not get to receive the 2014 because of the mistake. You can seek to get them to carry all expenses in dealing with the correction and a modest price adjustment, credit, but not the 2014 car.

Let me know if that is clear and acceptable.