Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My car was towed while i was out of state job hunting and

Customer Question

my car was towed while i was out of state job hunting and when i was working on getting together everything to get it out the tow company keep explicitly giving me a per day pricing that was more than double the state allotted minimums for ohio.....
Now i send the company and affidavit of intent to sue , clearly stating a list of facts to be know , and provided dates an a fee schedule to this agreement....
now i havent heard or seen anything from the company but i know they received it as i sent it certified mail return recite
so from what i know about affidavits after 10 day of it being unrefused the facts become true ....so what step would i take to make claim to the facts that were stated
Submitted: 13 days ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your next step is you need to actually file the suit against them seeking return of your car and for them to charge the proper fees. Just sending an affidavit to someone does nothing if they do not reply. So now you have to actually file your suit and take them to court you cannot just sit and wait and do nothing more.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.