Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like to know if it is possible to register a vehicle

Customer Question

Hi,I would like to know if it is possible to register a vehicle in NYC if the registration is experied. The vehicle's registration is in someone elses name and a third person would be getting a new registration for it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the registration is in someone else's name, then you cannot register it in NYC in your name, the original owner has to register it. So unless you have a bill of sale and you file to obtain a title/registration in your name, you could not register it. If you have a bill of sale and title you can then register it in your name even if the registration has expired.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.