Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had a severe work injury = spinal surgery and have been on

Customer Question

I had a severe work injury = spinal surgery and have been on work cover for quite a long period of time as the recovery takes about 2yrs. I am shortly to start a return to work plan building up from 2hrs a week. My workcover payments will cease on the 4th January 2017.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of any medical records?
Customer: Victoria.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes it has, but my question is actually regarding my superannuation as the contributions are being paid by the insurer on behalf of my employer. I received a letter from my super fund cancelling my income protection as they said it was legislation ? can't find anything on this. They are trying to tell me that they do not recognize contributions being made by workcover as being under the employer. This has taken about 6 months to get some kind of response as the originally kept blaming the work cover insurer for putting it in incorrectly. So what I am asking is this correct is this legislation? as I can't find anything to back them up. Help thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I never received any kind of notification in any way shape or form in regards ***** ***** cancelling of my income protection other than the letter a couple of weeks prior to its cancellation. I was counting on this for when I do my return to work, as I will have basically no income to rely upon.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only want an answer to this question if possible ie helpful? but at the cost of $38. I don't think I require an answer at that price when already paying lawyers.A membership is not required.As I stated I already have lawyers assigned to my workers compensation case, but lawyer is unavailable as she is in court all week. I dont want to pay $38. or have a membership as you can see it is not necessary. I would rather not waist your time nor the expence then please disregard and cancel request. I will wait till next week to speak to my own lawyer thank you.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I only want an answer to this question if possible ie helpful? but at the cost of $38. I don't think I require an answer at that price when already paying lawyers.A membership is not required.As I stated I already have lawyers assigned to my workers compensation case, but lawyer is unavailable as she is in court all week. I don't want to pay $38. or have a membership as you can see it is not necessary. I would rather not waist your time nor the expense then please disregard and cancel request. I will wait till next week to speak to my own lawyer thank you.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 11 days ago.

You mentioned Victoria. Does your question relate to Canada or Australia?