Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
12176198

I general. My licence was suspended in p.a. in 1998. Never

Customer Question

I general. My licence was suspended in p.a. in 1998. Never got it back since (total suspensions was 19 years) so if I would go to georgia, I can apply as of I never had a license. And I will get it????
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 9 days ago.

Hello.

Sorry to hear about your situation. It is possible but not guaranteed. Georgia is not a member of the Driver's License Compact. 45 states are members and must honor the suspensions and revocations of other states as part of the agreement. So Georgia does not have to honor Pennsylvania's suspension. However, all 50 states do use a centralized database so they have access to the information of all the other states. So Georgia would have access to the information and they could deny you a license based on this. Or they may not because it is so old. But they don't have to follow the suspension so it is possible that you could get a license there. It is just not a guarantee.