Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I am having a serious problem over the death and estate

Customer Question

I am having a serious problem over the death and estate settlement of my mother. My brother and I were named co- exectors of the estate in my Mothers will. We were to share all proceeds of her estate equally. He has taken total control of everything has already settled final probate. I have never been consulted in any way, my opinion was not ask. Now he is trying to force me to accept a tiny portion of the family property. Tells me I will accept what he has offered or I will get nothing. He has paid out most of her funds as he pleased, never consulting me or asking for my signature on anything. How do I proceed to get my rightful share of property and charge him fur mis- aproperation of funds??
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am just trying to decide how to proceed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After Mother was very ill and under pain mess, my brother talked her into signing all property over into his and his wife's name.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

How much is owed?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What do you mean, how much is owed

How much of the estate is not being adminstered to you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I nave received nothing!!!
You are not trying to answer my question at all!!

I have asked some preliminary questions. I will open this question to another expert

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This nothing but an e-mail scam. There is no lawyer saying anything, simply a computer spitting out generic questions and wanting permission to charge more money to my credit card. Your initial offer was for a free initial consultation. Then you wanted $5, next you wanted $31 more. Your ad also said satisfaction or all money back. Be notified if you attempt to make any charges to my credit card, l will reject all charges as fraud.
You are nothing but internet Rip Off Artists!
What is your expert answer to that?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Top of this Paige says, cancel at any time. Consider yourself cancelled!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 17 days ago.

I am a different expert. This is not a computer operated program. I'm real and I'm alive and I'm highly experienced in probate matters. I'll be happy to consult with you on your question. You said you are trying to decide how to proceed. The answer to that is very simple. You could have filed objections to your brothers accounting, or challenged anything that he was doing along the way. Even though you may be too late to do anything about it now, I suggest that hire a local probate attorney, to review the estate proceeding as soon as possible. If you can prove the allegations that you have made here, you may have a good case against your brother.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.