Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My husband has been getting the runaround about his pay for

Customer Question

my husband has been getting the runaround about his pay for almost a week. they sent his money to the wrong bank. the bank claims that they don't have the funds, meanwhile we have bills to be paid that are becoming delinquent. they keep giving him the runaround about his pay. it was their mistake so why is he the one that has to suffer? we have left messages and have called everyone that we could call but still nothing. im sure they got their money on time. this is so ridiculous to me. KU Medical Center payroll. Please advise
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 17 days ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is your husband not receiving his pay owed by his employer?

Have they indicated when it will be received?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They have given him no indication when he will receive his pay
Expert:  Loren replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

Your husband can file suit against the employer for breach of contract. If the amount due in back wages is less than $5,000, he should file his claim in Small Claims Court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

If he is employed by the University then he should also file a complaint with the state attorney general's office.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much but it's at KU hospital in kansas city kansas
Expert:  Loren replied 17 days ago.

Sorry. Your question indicates it is pertaining to Missouri law. Thanks for the clarification.

Kansas does have a process for proceeding with the state for enforcement. Your husband can file a Wage Claim with the Kansas Dept of Labor. The following link has the form complaint and instructions:

https://www.dol.ks.gov/Files/PDF/keslr105.pdf

Expert:  Loren replied 17 days ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!