INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I have a puppy in training as a Service dog, registered with

Customer Question

I have a puppy in training as a Service dog, registered with USSDR***********he goes to work and with me most every where to work through training for Back and mobility issues. He stays in my office which is separate from the main facility. He does not bark or howl or misbehave. I am being told I can not bring him with me. By the Tech school I work for. This will greatly diminish his training is this legal for them to not allow him to be with me
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maine and we are a CTE tech school in the region
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I actually only have one board member raising a stink
JA: Well, we require $5 .
Customer: So much for free advise.... 5$ for what ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to be able to keep this puppy under going constant training
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if the company can prevent him from joining you? did it agree before?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have had him with me for 4 wks other employees have had there dogs here during and after hours .my previous Director here @ Region Two kept his dog under his desk 80 % of the time my new Director didn't have a problem until a board member started griping about a week ago.
Company has to accommodate.If it does not you can pursue a grievance.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Often having a lawyer reach out to the company will help bring on a settlement without need for proceedings.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.