Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Was wondering if the "Blessing Loom" game is illegal in

Customer Question

Hi was wondering if the "Blessing Loom" game is illegal in Iowa?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

No, it's not legal. It's a type of pyramid scheme - they just tilted the pyramid on its side so the top is in the middle of a circle. But the scheme itself is actually illegal. It's also a scam - it's theoretically possible that the first people who bought in would get something in exchange for their efforts, but most will get nothing.

The version of the Blessing Loom I've seen uses Paypal, and sending money for something like this is a violation of Paypal's terms of service. They could close your account. It's also a violation of Facebook's terms of service, so if that's where you're seeing it (that's where I first spotted it), even sharing information about the scheme with others could get you into trouble with the service. Do not send anyone any money.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any other questions about this?