Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been hired by a Houston attorney to conduct a DNA

Customer Question

I have been hired by a Houston attorney to conduct a DNA test on a deceased person who died almost three years ago. I am seeking a Houston area pathologist who could harvest two bone specimens for me
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Houston, Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Getting the court order to exhume the body buried at a cemetery is no problem. This is an estate settlement issue as there are two groups of claimants who say they are related to the deceased. The attorney who hired me to handle the exhumation and the DNA test is the ad litum attorney representing the estate and appointed by the judge in probate court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm good I believe. the cemetery will handle the removal and re-internment of the casket after the pathologist retrieves the specimens to be sent to our contract laboratory. I need a pathologist who can handle obtaining the specimens at a funeral home.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Was an autopsy performed by the coroner?