Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I owe somebody sum of money bal of $4000,she filed a case

Customer Question

I owe somebody sum of money bal of $4000,she filed a case already & I told the judge cant pay her in whole because of hardship & due to loss of money in online business. Now posted my name in facebook tagging friends warning them that I'm a swindler. Been harasssing me eversince including my daughter, I want to defend (preserve my reputation) somehow
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She had filed small claims already before,had met at the court but I dont have the capability to pay in whole. Because of harassment & insulting words before, I blocked her . Last night my brother saw what she posted inFb newsfeed warning/tagging I guess 97 friends, w/ their plans & comments
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want to know if I can file a case & chances?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon. I'm a California licensed attorney. I just want to make sure that I understand the question -- you're wondering if you can sue her for writing these harassing statements on Facebook. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
From previous harassing texts, then posting warning against me in Fb: while it's true that I have not paid her in full yet because of hardship & loss of money in online business wherein I was waiting for my money in Chase bank ,the money withdrawn from that online business supposedly to pay her, my daughters gift for their wedding & pocket money to go to the Phil.

Is she saying anything about you on Facebook that's false?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sorry no budget yet,just inquiring if I can sue her for posting mewarning against me in Fb world
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posting & giving warning friends against me that I'm a liar & owe her big amount of money.
Because u owe money does it give them freedom to announce the publuc?