Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am having a serious issue with the bank that I was

Customer Question

i am having a serious issue with the bank that I was refinancing with, Tina. The bank's loan officer who was working with us cost us our APR and our appraisal because she and others kept finding things right before a closing, which happened four times now. This last time was under the instruction of my wife to absolutely certain the closing was good, would happen, and would be following a one week notice, since she had already been almost written up for requesting time off for the last closing cancellation. They gave a one week notice, she requested the time off, and they still cancelled, leaving her to request a letter from American Bank to John Deere saying that she wasn't at fault. this last cancellation was due to the title company finding out about the FHA credit on the house the day before the closing. The problem with that is that American Bank and trust knew about this, and, with us not having comunication with the title company, the bank should have done so. This information ruined our refinance.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The rest I can relay myself, but thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have provided all of the documentation necessary for the refinancing and they are still cancelling and causing you to lose money, you need to send them a letter informing them their conduct is in bad faith and it is an unfair and deceptive business practice as well as breach of contract and if they do not resolve this immediately within 5 days, you will be filing a complaint with the IL Department of Banking and Finance and also with the IL Attorney General's consumer protection unit.
In addition, I would also seek out another bank to take your business to as it appears from this conduct that this bank does not care about or want your business.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.