Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I am looking for a spanish speaking international lawyer

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am looking for a spanish speaking international lawyer well versed in banking systems with Mexico.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No - we have supposedly been granted money by the Mexican gov't due to timeshare fraud - I am skeptical as to the manner of funds transfer and would like to consult an attorney
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, they told me that because I do not have a Mexican bank account that I have to have money in my account as a verification, which I do not understand I have been working with 2 attorneys in Mexico - that I did not hire, they came to me - so I do have names of people to contact and a contract that they sent me with the amount we were granted by Mexican court.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 days ago.

Did you have a timeshare in Mexico upon which you were defrauded?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We paid money for a non existent timeshare and also were to sell them our 2 existing timeshares
I have been working with Mexican lawyers and have a settlement. Bank in Mexico wants a validation deposit for cross border transaction of about $1937.00. This is what is throwing up a red flag for me. I have contacts, documentation, emails. of what Mexican government granted us. Just want to make sure is legitimate before putting that money in my account. Law firm is MBS Empresarial and the bank is Banco de Mexico. Sr attorney Lic rodrigo Jimenez(###) ###-####and bank contact is Alberto Navarro Ramos
BANXICO D.F
DEPT. DE FINANZAS EXTRANJERAS
TELEFONO #52-55-3687-7146
DOMICILIO-Avenida 5 de Mayo #2, Colonia Centro
Código Postal 06059, Delegación Cuauhtémoc***@******.***
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 days ago.

Here is my suggestion to you. If all that is at stake is $1,937.00, it is unlikely that you will be ale to retain a private attorney to assist you with this. If it were me, I would book an appointment with the local Department of State's office and take all my paper work there and see if they can recommend a course of action for you where you would not later be accused of participating in criminal activity. Just a record of your meeting with them first BEFORE you act may serve to protect you.

As you rightfully have sensed, there are a lot of check deposit scams in play these days and it is unclear whether this might be one of them.

This link may help you get started.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.