Marc
Marc, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Attorney
77496635

Well i am not sure how i got this app on my phone and was

Customer Question

well i am not sure how i got this app on my phone and was charged $52, i cannot access the account, and cannot send an email to inquire about since it does not recognize me with any emails, user names or passwords that i may have used. never heard of this app. pls advise
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, i am not sure how to get a hold of someone
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Marc replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Marc. I'm a licensed attorney and I will be happy to assist you.

I can imagine how annoying this must be for you. I can suggest a few options that may prove to be effective:

First: You were charged $52 to your credit/debit card, I presume. You can find out more about the company that charged you by looking at your card statement. If you can see who charged you, you'll have a better idea of where to locate them online. In that case, if you find their website, look for a link or phone number for customer service.

Second: You can ask the bank that issued your card to charge back the purchase. Call the number on the back of your card and speak with a customer service representative. They should be able to reverse the payment if you can explain that this charge was erroneous or fraudulent and that you have no way of contacting the seller of the app.

Third: If you have an iPhone, contact apple/iTunes/App Store support. They may well be able to reverse the charge for you. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084 Same thing if you have an Android phone. See http://www.techlicious.com/blog/google-play-android-unauthorized-in-app-purchases-refund-procedure/

I think you should have luck with at least one of the options above. After you resolve this, try to find out how this purchase went through. It might have been one of those sneaky in-app purchases. If so, make sure you have in-app purchases disabled on your phone.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If so, please be sure to rate my answer, since that is the only way I can receive credit.

Kind regards,

Marc