KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Married, divorced, ex-husband remarried & died, his wife

Customer Question

Married, divorced, ex-husband remarried & died, his wife died. Estate attorney w/a buyer for house discovered there is no Quickclaim deed which I was supposed to have signed back in 1975 for $12,000 for my half of house. I do not even remember if I received monies. Should I sign away my half? All taxes have paid current to 2015.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Pls explain
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: do not believe so
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 days ago.
Good afternoon. If you don't remember if you received any compensation for signing away your rights to the property, then at this pint I would not execute a quite claim deed now. The burden is on the current heirs of the property to prove that you received compensation for the deed signing. Equitably, you would be entitled to the fair value of your share of the property. Without a deed to prove you exchanged the property for the $ back in 1975 you may be entitled to the value now. I would not sign at this point and ask that the estates pay you compensation to now execute a new deed.I hope this helps. Please rate the question for credit and tracking.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 days ago.
If you have any other questions just.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 days ago.
If you have any other questions just.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 days ago.

If you have any other questions just ask.