Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am on Social Security. United health care is demanding

Customer Question

I am on Social Security. United health care is demanding that I pay for two years of part D insurance. they do not have a yearly agreement with me. I was not informed of this account for 16 months. They failed to inform me of this account due to a mistake they made. The collection letters were sent to a closed mail box. i have tried to resolve this matter for six months and finally I changed insurance. They demand that I pay about $800.00 (dollars) or it will go to to a collections agency. I was not informed of this situation. I learned of it by accident. Does united Health have a right to "sell" me insurance without my approval? Please help me. Blanca Reina
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Arizoma. They are in Arkansas. It started on 2015. and I found out in April 2016.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not legally, I have communicated with they in writing and by phone.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, hey pretend that I failed to give them a "change of address". There was a change in the name of the insurance and that is when they started to use the old address. But my home address is in their files since 1005.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.