Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a non-medical Home Care business. A client hired us

Customer Question

I have a non-medical Home Care business. A client hired us to basically keep her mentally disabled husband busy & away from home for several hours, 5 nights a wk. started June 1. Ended Oct 30. She provided credit card info by text, as well as said there are no restrictions where he can go or what he can do, just don't bring him home early. She was to pay hourly wage, mileage & expenses for husband & caregiver. Now that the job is done, she's disputing credit card charges from August. I have the text messages authorizing charges. Should I worry?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you have a written agreement for services with the credit card holder?

Did the credit card holder sign any written authorizations / credit card slips for the charges?

What is the amount that is being disputed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She did not sign an agreement. She was unwilling to meet in person. She texted me her credit card information, with instructions to charge the weekly totals, which I did from June until the end of Oct. never had a problem or complaint. In fact, quite the opposite. She always told me that the caregiver was wonderful and our service was great. We were both at a social function on Oct 15. She hugged me & said everything was going well, and again complimented our service. Suddenly she cut off our services, and is now disputing charges of almost $3,000.

Thank you for your follow up.

Were you provided with a reason for the credit card dispute?

Do you have any other proof of the agreement for the charges, aside from the text messages (which in most cases would not hold up in court)?