Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Thank you. I have a video that has been rejected by Amazon's

Customer Question

Thank you. I have a video that has been rejected by Amazon's streaming service for not falling within its content guidelines. It is "Bullwhip: Art of the Single Tail," a BDSM instructional dvd that I filmed in Toronto in 1995. It was approved by the Ontario FIlm Board. Amazon has been selling it (through CreateSpace) since 2002. Now I am being told it is objectionable? Is there an appeal process or should I just see how much publicity this can get the video?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing filed. I'm now in Minnesota.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had my video vetted by lawyers in Ontario before I released it. It violates no obscenity guidelines and is a valid educational video. I am a bullwhip expert, author of "Let's Get Cracking! The How-To Book of Bullwhip Skills," and a four-time Guinness World Record holder. I made this video because EVERYONE needs to know whip safety.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did Amazon remove your selling privileges and did you already try any type of an appeal with Amazon?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I replied to the email that informed me. I do not think this is an appeal process. I am unable to find anything on Amazon that would give me any indication of who to appeal to, They outline their rules, but they do not state how to appeal if you think those rules have been misapplied. Going through Google for the Amazon.Com Legal dept., I got Just Answer.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Every tier of this "advice," I am being asked to pay more. If we talk, it's $59.00. I did not know this going in. If it's okay, let's stick with the email.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no, so far as I can tell, the video is still being sold on Amazon.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay, what can you give me for my $31, or should I go straight to the Attorney General out there myself and cancel this payment with Paypal?