LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I was just driving when I was approached by a bus with red

Customer Question

I was just driving when I was approached by a bus with red lights flashing. I thought that I could just move to the side and park my car but the bus driver processed to take my license plate down and recorded me.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As of now , I don't think so. It just happened , 30 min ago Wondering if I would get a ticket
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this free consultation
JA: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I see. Their service as in?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. School buses do not travel with flashing lights on them except for the last few fee while they come to a sop. SO were you moving and bus stopped or stopping?

2. Where was the buss relative to you when you pulled over? To the front of you, behind you or to the side of you?

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The bus was stopped with a red flashing stop sign. The bus driver were getting the kids in the bus ready so they could walk across the street. At this point I came driving on the opposite direction of the bus. I moved passed the bus by the side to park my car. The kids were still on the side lined up as the bus driver got some other kids ready to leave. Then as the kids crossed the street the bus driver took down my license plate number and took a video of my car and i.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

When you drove past the imaginary line that crossed the street on a line with the front of the bus, you violated the law. You were supposed to stop before getting to the front of the bus.

The bus driver has the ability to file a violation report with the police and the police based on that report can issue a citation for failure to stop.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What are the chances that I will get a ticket ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, if you were stopped, that allowed the driver to get your tag/license number and there is a really good chance that you will get a citation in the mail.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what's the price range around?