Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is there a California requiring the replacement of gas

Customer Question

Is there a California requiring the replacement of gas meters every 10 years in California?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is no actual law mandating they be replaced every 10 years, but the gas company in some areas can require their meters be replaced or at the least cleaned and recalibrated every 7-10 years which is what the manufacturers of these meters recommend. It is not state law, but if the gas company has such a policy they can enforce it.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.