Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Could you tell me in which exact areas of Miami is legal to

Customer Question

Hello,could you tell me in which exact areas of Miami is legal to do Airbnb (rent an apartment to tourists for fewer than 30 days)?and also, in case I gave a two bedrooms in southbeach (miami) and I want to rent out one of the rooms to other people for fewer than 30 days, would that be considered illegal?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There are several lawsuits right now since FL law prevents cities from regulating short term rentals, but Miami Beach is the area where they have been enforcing their local short term rental ordinance. Here is the map of the area showing where short term rentals are allowed and where they are not: http://therealdeal.com/miami/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/SHORTTERMMAPS-revised05-30-2014.pdf
Generally, short term rentals in south beach would be deemed illegal, but that is presuming you are actually caught and it is hard to prove or catch people doing this.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for the answer but what does the law say about renting out rooms in your own apartment on airbnb?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The law says nothing specifically about you renting just a room in your own apartment if you are going to be there, it is all about short term rentals and even renting a room in your apartment is a short term rental, just more difficult for you to get caught if you are there at the same time.