Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'd like to obtain some understanding in the situation

Customer Question

I'd like to obtain some understanding in the situation pertaining to my apartment, which is own by myself and my husband with whom I live separately in the mentioned above propert, but his name is ***** ***** title. We agreed to trafer the title to my name, but my bank is stating that in my case I will need to refinance the apartment and I do not have sufficient income(although I do have assets in a bank) What shoul I do? Lisa ********** in CA JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: Yes it is in my email and it is Cafifornia JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: not yet, first I have to understand my rights in this matter JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: for now just a general info

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Lisa. Can you please tell me:

1) Are you and your husband divorcing/divorced/separating/separated?

2) If not, do you plan to be?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello! I plan to log off soon and am just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!