Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son and his wife have been living with me for over 3

Customer Question

My son and his wife have been living with me for over 3 years now. There is no lease agreement, but I did ask for help with utility bills. So far, I've just been taking care of two grown people and a dog. In the 3 years of stay, they've given me only $400 in bits, and just will not help me with the bills. I'm retired, my husband died in 2013, I get a social security check but It's not enough for me and the bills. I've asked them to leave many times but they are still here what can I do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want them to go.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 13 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma...I understand you have asked them to leave...can you provide some context? Have you given them notice, in writing demanding they leave? If so how long ago and how much time did you provide in the written notice?