Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can a person take a animal that they haven't paid for In

Customer Question

Can a person take a animal that they haven't paid for In full without the owners consent
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What was the agreement between the seller and buyer as to when the buyer gets possession of the animal?

.

How did the buyer get possession of the animal?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He came over with part of the wood towards the deal . I was inside the house & my husband was outside the guy came in the house holding the puppy I thought he was just spending sometime with it he didn't say anything and left and when I went out side that's when my husband informed me that he had taken the puppy & I said he could which I wouldn't of til its all paid for & he's not
Expert:  Barrister replied 15 days ago.

Ok, then if he made a partial payment, he isn't really stealing the dog because he did tender partial payment. So that makes this a civil matter where you would be able to sue him in small claims court for the balance due for the dog if he didn't pay the rest of what is owed by whatever time you agreed on.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I want the puppy back not the money or wood. The agreement was the puppy stayed with me til paid for . he didn't have permission to take puppy & hasn't made no effort to pay
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
somre if the wood is unexceptionable. And he also knew it was $50 for food & care of puppy to paid in full . he already has cost me $150 I couldn't afford by breaching our 1st agreement this is the 2nd one
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 days ago.

Ok, then if he has violated the agreement then your recourse is to file a small claims suit against him and ask for "replevin" which is the return of personal property (i.e. the puppy) wrongfully withheld from its rightful owner.

.

.

thanks