Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I had leased an equipment for my business for over three

Customer Question

i had leased an equipment for my business for over three year, the time is over lease is over in October, the company started charging me for the same amount for another year stating that I should have send them my intention of purchasing or returning the equipment 120 days prior to the lease maturity. now it has been renewed for another year, is there anything I can do to get out of this? please advise?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you reviewed your written lease to see if there is a notice requirement if you wanted to terminate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't have my lease with me now I can check it tomorrow and let you know.
Expert:  Barrister replied 16 days ago.

Ok, that is going to be critical here because this is called an "evergreen clause" and they are legally enforceable in FL if the lease automatically renewed if you didn't provide proper notice.

.

So if the notice requirement is in the lease, you are stuck here.

.

.

thanks