TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

What can u do if som makes a false statement to police and

Customer Question

What can u do if som makes a false statement to police and signs a warrant for your arrest what can u do legally to that person
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You can sue the person for abuse of process, which is a tort. Essentially, it means that the person has abused the police and/or the courts for the purpose of harassing you. If you can prove the claim, then you can win a money judgment against the perpetrator.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I need the exact statue this an employee that I work with she tried to terminate me but once the union review the video in the office and they knew she lied and made false statement too the police I came back too work the next day and we still have to go to court Inigo's issue I'm looking for a good lawyer for a counter complaint to sue heron the state of Alabama
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again. There is no statute. Like most torts, it's found in the common law (i.e., case law). Here is the Alabama Supreme Court on abuse of process:

"The elements of the tort of abuse of process are 1) the
existence of an ulterior purpose, 2) a wrongful use of
process, and 3) malice."
C.C. & J., Inc. v. Hagood, 711 So.
2d 947, 950 (Ala. 1998).

So, in order to win a lawsuit for abuse of process, you'd need to prove the 3 elements above. I'll note that malicious prosecution, which is nearly identical, may also be a viable cause of action.

In order to find a good lawyer to represent you in Alabama, you should contact the Alabama State Bar's Attorney Referral Service:

https://www.alabar.org/for-the-public/need-legal-help/

1-***-***-****

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further clarification, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.