Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Just trying to see if it is illegal to post someones address

Customer Question

Just trying to see if it is illegal to post someones address on social media if help is requested
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Savannah Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Don't know yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Someone put they dog in a cage with our water on the yard took picture of it and requested help on fb animal site listing the address
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 18 days ago.

No, there is no law making it illegal to pose someone's address on social media. There could be specific factual situations which make it a violation of specific laws (ex. HIPAA) but in general it is not illegal.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.