Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I was turn down a home loan because i had rental insurance

Customer Question

I was turn down a home loan because i had rental insurance claim aganist me.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was approve for the loan on the house that I am trying to purchase. The lender want me to get a rebuilding insurance for 200,000.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 16 days ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have any reason to suspect that the denial is actually based upon race, religion, ethnicity, etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I believe it was actually base on race I am a 62 year black female.I get enough Income to pay my mortgage payment.
Expert:  Loren replied 16 days ago.
I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."
If you can resolve the problem (it is usually a matter of confirming with your bank or credit card that the charge is authorized) I look forward to speaking with you.
Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.
Expert:  Loren replied 16 days ago.
Denying your loan on the basis of race is a violation of the Civil Rights Act and you can sue for substantial damages, if you have evidence (which you can obtain through discovey by using the subpoena power of the court).
This is complex litigation and you will need an attorney.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:
http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 16 days ago.
You can also file a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office. They will investigate the allegation and take action if they deem it appropriate.
Expert:  Loren replied 16 days ago.
Are you still online with me?