Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I recived a complete itemed bill showing in detail what was

Customer Question

I recived a complete itemed bill showing in detail what was done at time of service, I paid 95 % of bill, had payments worked out with the hosptial for the rest, they did not think it was a high enough payment, it was what I could of afford, and when my card expired and the could not run the payment they sent it to 3rd party, this was after I offered to give them the new card and they refused to take payment. When I got a letter from an attorney office, which still states it is a collection agency, 3rd party, I disputed the debt because it was not correct amount, and I did not have a contract with the debt collection agency. They sent me a medical bill with what I owe highlighted in pink, which means someone other than was authorized saw my medical treatment, it that againts Heppa laws?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon Marlene,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested I can call you after you request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is what against HIPAA laws? The fact that the collection company sent you a medical bill highlighting whey they were trying to collect?

Thanks in advance,

Doug