Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My son was arrested Nov 16 randall county set his bond so

Customer Question

my son was arrested Nov 16 randall county set his bond so high we are unable to get just because of a prior arrest in 2011 and has been on probation. guestion is there away to get this lowered
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: randall amarillo texas nov 16
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just it was a felony aggravted assult bail at 150,000
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure whar else to tell but randall county is railroading him
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 16 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 16 days ago.

I can give you a definite maybe. That is, a lawyer can make a new bail application at any time. So it's possible that bail can eventually be reduced. Here's the thing, however, there must be a change in circumstances for the better with regard to the defendant's case before a judge will grant a reduction. Just asking to have bail lowered so that the family can afford to post it isn't a good enough reason under the law for a judge to grant it.

Some judges will anyway, but others won't. What you also need to understand is that every time the defense asks for a reduction in bail, the prosecution will ask for an increase. If there is no legal basis for a reduction, the judge may well raise the bail instead of lowering it.

Sooner or later, however, as the case goes on, there will inevitably be some good news for the defendant. And then the defense will be on solid ground when asking for a reduction.

So, your son needs to tell his lawyer what the family can afford to post for him and ask him to make a motion for bail reduction. The lawyer will know the best time to do that.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 15 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.