Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question and I don't know were to go to get a

Customer Question

I have a question and I don't know were to go to get a straight answer. I live in California in a small town
. I live here and I own a commercial/office building. My tenants are a Real Estate Broker running his business and a antique shop. The last past week there has been filming in this town and they had filmed by building 3 times. I was not aware until I saw what was happening, I had ask a location man what was happening in my building and he said, ******from ***** owns the building, I said I am the owner and he is my tenant. CBS made a contract with my tenant ****** with out my consent to use the building for filming. I understand they will disturb his business. I should been aware? CBS damaged a screen door replace it, painted my rail and crack my steps on the building with there equipment and flowed the toilet that cause damage on the first floor ceiling. JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in? Customer: *************** JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: I contact the ***** Film Permits in ***** CA. I spoke to ******, Film Liaison and he look up in the system and 3 permits were pulled for my building with out my consent. David said, if I did not authorized this the permits are not valid, because only owner can pull permits or give authorization. JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: The location guy name ******from CBS said my tenant made a contract with CBS and never mentioned me at all. He was in shock to find out I was the owner and said he would contact me and never did. They have 9 eposides they been filming and they will be showed on TV TBS network "The Guest Book" black comedy the permit department said that it is going to be in on going thing filming and using my building. I want to know what to do and what rights do I have. They did not get any liability insurance with me?

Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, please clarify for me what the issue exactly is. Are you upset that:

1) The building is being taped at all?

2) That the broker is claiming that he owns the building?

3) That CBS is damaging the property?

4) Something else?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
My tenants are all getting paid from CBS and have liability insurance. They damage my building and I am not on liability insurance, CBS should pay for that. Permits were pull without my consent, I don't have a problem they film the building, they needed to contact me to get my consent. I would said yes
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'll wait for my husband to get home, before I call.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you, I'll just make an appointment with an attorney.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Why are you charging me $40.00? If you did not answer any of my questions??? All you ask me how I was feeling?
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.
you wish to cancel the question?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Please cancel and don't charge me the $40.00. Thank you!