Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

How do i file a malpractice lawsuit, i am in ri and yes i

Customer Question

how do i file a malpractice lawsuit
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: i am in ri and yes i have extensive records
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to file this suit myself
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Asking "how do I file a lawsuit" is a bit like asking "how do I do surgery on my leg myself." Meaning, we can spend hours or even days talking about every aspect - drafting the pleading, filing the pleading, civil procedure, expert requirements, evidentiary procedures, motion practice, pretrial, etc.

So, I guess what I mean is - what do you wish to know? Perhaps how to draft the petition to begin the lawsuit? Or, how medical malpractice is defined? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
how to dreaft the petitionyes howdo i draft the petition
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.
Okay. I can explain that, but unfortunately, I do not have an example of such a complaint from the state or RI. I can provide an example from another jurisdiction however.
Is that okay? Did you wish for me to go on?