Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like to know the gueidelines to the gualala redwoods

Customer Question

i would like to know the gueidelines to the gualala redwoods trespassing standards
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not filed but i had a bad accadent while leaving there property. and we also ride dirtbikes on there lands witch are forest lands and they tell us we cannot
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats the basics besides the deepths of my accident
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
public access guiedlines
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 21 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is private property you are going onto without permission of the owners (forest lands or not does not matter)?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i understand that but there are also public hatcheries beyond there gates. so im asking is there not something stating there has to be unlocked gates for emergency evacuations and what not. Also I have lived for 23 years on a big piece of land that is associated with the redwoods. When they have to do stuff on there lands they will and do make access roads threw our property.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Just because there are public hatcheries beyond the gates does not give people the right to access the property. If there is an easement across the public land, then that is for the purpose of people using the public hatcheries only, not for riding ATV on the property without permission of the owner. Also, for accidents on their property, unless you were invited onto the property and they knew of a danger and failed to warn of the danger, they are not liable for your accident.
If they are coming onto your property without an easement, then you can sue them to stop them from entering onto your property as well, it works both ways.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.