Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I just received a notice of appointment of arbitrator from

Customer Question

Hi I just received a notice of appointment of arbitrator from the superior court. I understand that this type of court limits to $50,000. The defendants have dragged this on so long the sum is past 50,000. I have 1 week left to file of notice to strike the arbitrator. If I do this will I be able to increase my claim & go to the next court level? I am not sure what to do since so much paperwork has been filed to the superior court already. Can you help me with this confusion?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 18 days ago.

Hello: it appears this question has been sitting a while so really sorry about the delay. I am not sure about the procedure in Arizona with regard to arbitration, but if you strike the arbitrator and want to go to a different court level you should be able to dismiss your claim and file it in the next level court as long as you are within the statute of limitations on your claim. I hope this helps. I am going to opt out to allow you the ability to get advice from someone in Arizona though just in case there is better information available for you to use. David

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do I even need to do anything since I put in the disclosure statement that the expenses are likely to exceed the 50,000 or can it just stay with the same court if it exceeds that courts allowed amount.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 16 days ago.

.