How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received a notice of appointment of arbitrator from

Customer Question

Hi I just received a notice of appointment of arbitrator from the superior court. I understand that this type of court limits to $50,000. The defendants have dragged this on so long the sum is past 50,000. I have 1 week left to file of notice to strike the arbitrator. If I do this will I be able to increase my claim & go to the next court level? I am not sure what to do since so much paperwork has been filed to the superior court already. Can you help me with this confusion?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 3 months ago.

Hello: it appears this question has been sitting a while so really sorry about the delay. I am not sure about the procedure in Arizona with regard to arbitration, but if you strike the arbitrator and want to go to a different court level you should be able to dismiss your claim and file it in the next level court as long as you are within the statute of limitations on your claim. I hope this helps. I am going to opt out to allow you the ability to get advice from someone in Arizona though just in case there is better information available for you to use. David

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I even need to do anything since I put in the disclosure statement that the expenses are likely to exceed the 50,000 or can it just stay with the same court if it exceeds that courts allowed amount.
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 3 months ago.