Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

How do I get Pro Bono Representation for an injured inmate

Customer Question

How do I get Pro Bono Representation for an injured inmate who has been attacked on two separate occasions, being denied his civil rights, (no allowed to make police report nor provided a requested attorney) threat of retaliation, & not allowed any phone calls. This is a very dangerous & dire situation that needs attention, 3 weeks ago. To say this is an urgent matter, is to put it mildly.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

The inmate can ask for protective custody. That will keep him out of general population. Or, you can contact the lawyer that he had on his original case and have him get the matter back before the judge who can order protective custody.

The American Civil Liberties Union advocates all over the country on behalf of inmate's rights. Prisons are dangerous places but if you feel the prison's inattention to this situation rises to the level of a civil rights violation, contact the ACLU at ACLU.org. They may have too much on their plate to take up this inmate's situation themselves. They have chapters all over the country, however, and they may be able to steer you to a Florida civil right lawyer who will give him some pro bono assistance.