Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

This is rebekah castillo a friend told me about this earning

Customer Question

Hi this is rebekah castillo a friend told me about this earning money thing with a quick easy money she said all I need is to give her my debit card with a 0 balance and the next day will have money she said she's going to deposit a check in it.. so I saw she deposited money $4000 so next morning I cashed the money and gave it to her but leave her my card and didn't take the money. Now when I tried to open my online banking it says my account was locked coz of counterfeit check what would I do? Am I going to get arrested for this?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 24 days ago.

No, I do not think you would be held liable here. You did not have intent here. I would immediately file a small claims court suit against her to recover that money and also to show the bank as well as any authorities that you were the victim of fraud here.