Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I would like to appeal a license suspension and vehicle

Customer Question

I would like to appeal a license suspension and vehicle suspension in the state of PA.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I was pulled over September 4th with no insurance. I went to court oct24th and plead guilty just to pay the fine and get it over with. A few days a latter I received letter from penn dot stating my license and vehicle registration will be suspended Dec 6 for three months.
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, while you would like to appeal the suspension, when you entered the plea of guilty to "get it over with" that had to be reported to the PennDOT and the state law imposes a mandatory license and registration suspension for not having insurance. The only way to succeed on your appeal would be to provide proof to PennDOT that you did have insurance on the vehicle at the time you received the ticket. If you cannot provide such proof, then you pleading guilty would not allow PennDOT to remove the suspension.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.