How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 32935
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told there is a document that is legal between an

Customer Question

I was told there is a document that is legal between an expectant mother n the people whom want to adopt her baby that they can sign with a notary public that can be put in the courthouse. Where can we get a copy of these papers.It's a mother given custody of her newborn to a couple to raise n adopt as there own.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Are you asking 1) if it is possible to have such a document or 2) if there is a document like that available free somewhere online?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there 1 online
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please send the site to my email address or the Document please please please
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

I ran a quick search and was unable to find one that even came close to what would be required. In addition, the person can withdraw from the agreement at any time prior ro the adoption under a "public policy exception".

I've seen a number of those drafted over the years and many of us disagree with what has to be in them. In my opinion, you need to be sure that the document not only advises them of their right, including the right to withdraw, but also advises them to go and have the document examined by their own attorney and has a place for them to sign saying that they had the opportunity to have it examined.

This is the kind of form that is rarely used and so it's not likely you're going to find one online. Although I'd recommend having your own attorney draft one from scratch for you with your unique facts, you may be able to have LegalZoom do one (they don't have one right now that I can see). The problem is that it will be generic.

Please ask any additional questions that you have in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.