DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

Can a person be given a 100,000 judgement from an auto

Customer Question

Can a person be given a 100,000 judgement from an auto accident 6 years ago with notificaton. I was driving my parents car and the insurance company denied the claim I was in school never received motivation I found out about the judegment when I went to renew my license
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: pa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a judgement against me.. I never received a summons
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not employed I work per die m. What can I do to get my license restored
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 15 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 15 days ago.

You can file bankruptcy to quickly discharge the judgment and get your license restored.

But, you should have been served that lawsuit that gave rise to the judgment. You need to get the affidavit of service in that court proceeding and find out how they claim service was made if you want to try and set aside the judgment. But note, even if you set aside the judgment, they can just re-file it so if you do not have a defense the judgment will ultimately go back and ultimately lead to the loss of license again....which goes back to perhaps just filing bankruptcy if you cannot pay on that judgment.