Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My loan of over $7,000 was paid off and in checking, it was

Customer Question

My loan of over $7,000 was paid off and in checking, it was paid off by the company we took the loan out with. They are sending the title to the dmv in calif, who is suppose to send us a copy of the title. My question is, since I have no idea why they paid off our loan, if it later discovered that they made a mistake, how long do they have to tell us?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: how long will that take?
JA: I'm trying to find the right lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, I just checked. They paid off the loan on the first of Nov. My automatic payment was sent on the 6th and they refunded it back to my bank
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This would be for a claim of unjust enrichment, and this is under statute of limitations under Code of Civil Procedure section 338, subd. (d) - three years.

However, the time extends if they are to claim that you defrauded them somehow. If you wish to discuss this, reply and let me know.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 22 days ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!