LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My small business is being sued for false accusations and

Customer Question

my small business is being sued for false accusations and the business is now held in contempt because of a missed court day what are my options. thank you.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the state is wisconsin and the county is ozaukee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i have the case numbers and everything
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know of thanks
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it you are looking for in terms of assistance or knowledge?

Doug

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Well since the judgment was ruled in the plantiffs favor because of a missed court date my business is being held in contempt for not sending in the order for financial disclosure the reason i didnt send it back is because i am 100% not at fault so my question is where do i go from here
Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Well, seriously, the first thing that you do is you retain an attorney so more costly mistakes are not made. You will have to appear in court---I presume---on the contempt issue and your attorney can probably get you out of that by explaining that you were ignorant of the process and by asking the judge the to not hold you in contempt based on your excusable neglect.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help, or you are a subscription customer already. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Rating is accomplished by clicking on the rating-stars on your page. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 22 days ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. You can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug