Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had a popup on my computer saying my whole system was in

Customer Question

i had a popup on my computer saying my whole system was in danger of crashing - supposedly from Microsoft. unfortunately they convinced me to allow them access to my computer - they showed me all the malware systems that had been turned off. they fixed them and them forwarded the call to a company called Arise Technology Systems. They were to have secured my home network. the first one charged me about 240 dollars then the second one charged me over 400 dollars. everything seemed to be working just fine then about 10 days later my computer was locked. I had to have my whole operating system reinstalled. I put a hold on the second charge (the first one had already gone through) on my Mastercard.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington - this is about internet scam, is this something you can help me with?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called my Mastercard and disputed one of the charges. now the Arise Tech systems is calling me nonstop and threatening a lawsuit and that I should be prepared to hire a lawyer. I'm just getting ready to file an internet scam on the FBI website I couldn't find that company anywhere on the web
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything right now except is this initial contact with you all a free consultation or am I shelling out $.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 18 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

The site does charge for the information provided and for answering your questions. Please let me know if you would like to proceed?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No. Going to wait thanks anyway.please refund the 5 bucks
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No thanks

Yes you can contact customer service and they will be happy to help.