How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40680
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually assuslted at me work place with a coworker. I

Customer Question

I was sexually assuslted at me work place with a coworker. I and going thorugh the actions of a court. I am wanting to know if i could sue the job for the lack of servallince and management to oversee the sistuation? The bump in the road with is is there was drinking on the job as well. Which was not right but if it was secured accordinly no one would be able to bring those substances within the property. Can i be helped? The company is Walmart.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes i filled a police report in regards ***** ***** assult
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of. we both where drinking. it was 2 offenses and the 2nd offense was taken out of hand. I did drink the 2nd time when the rape occured but hardly any because i was uncomfortale from the first offense. I did not go to management because there was another icident ( different from this ) where i went to 2 different managers for nothing to be done. so i felt i could go to them myslef but had my father do so after he was aware of what went on.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Were you on the clock here or after hours??

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On the clock
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not been paid yet and lost days from this situtation and unable to pay my bills to afford that much. Please help me
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Well this should be a Workers Comp claim--you were injured on the job.You would need to make sure they file one on your behalf.You certainly can argue t was an unsafe work environment.If they pay you as a WC case for lost wages, medical disability if you are unable to return to work these are the limits of your damages.Your next step is to contact your HR here if you have not done so and file for WC.You were on the job and this occurred while working and should be bonafide WC injury.

I am truly sorry you have had to deal with this.WC should provide counseling and anything else you need to oversome this medically and mentally since it occurred on the job.It amazes me that they did not file this as WC.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

WC Forms Submission Reminders

  • File claims and related documents online at Search the help section for FAQs and How-To Guides for common actions.
  • If filing by paper, use a medium point black ink pen on all forms or have them typed.
  • Do not use colored paper.
  • List the appropriate county on the forms when requested.
  • Please double-check the accuracy of the information provided, such as employee name, address and social security number, employer name and address, insurance information, injury date and description of injury.
  • Employee signature on the Notice of Suspension or Modification form (Form LIBC-751) is required only if employee is intending to create an Employee Challenge and request a special hearing regarding the suspension or modification. Employee signature should appear when the Employee Challenge box is checked.
  • Insurer codes are critical to assignment of the claim to the correct insurer and employer address. Insurer codes are four-digit numbers that identify the insurer or self-insured employer for notifications as necessary.
  • Signatures are required on some forms. This is a mandatory requirement if requested on the form.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You can get the WC forms here or your HR ought to have them or WalMart.This is a covered claim for your injuries both medical and mental.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best here.You deserve the benefits here file as soon as you can.You may also have a permanent disability rating that would pay you over lifetime as well.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

You would only be able to sue if they denied the WC claim for wages, medical, etc.They should cover this if it was on the clock here.

I wish you the best.Happy Thanksgiving too.