Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a female landlord the tenant is 3months behind in his

Customer Question

I am a female landlord the tenant is 3months behind in his rent. He doesn"t commumicate with me. I have filed failure to pay rent on him. Then I found out , that he was behind in paying his water bill, his water is shut of a Condemn Sign is on the house now, He went in the house without permission, moved some of his thing. I did not get my keys back from, then he was going into the house . So I changed the locks on this property. This tenant is very aggrestive towards me and the leaee was up in September, 2016 and Doen"t wants to do what he was to do. I have had enough with this tenant.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, this the second time I have file for Failure to pay rent. He is 3 months behind.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That about it.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you given him or posted a 5 day written notice to pay rent or vacate?

.

Have you actually filed an eviction lawsuit in court against him to get him out?

.

If so, were you granted a judgment and had the sheriff or marshal execute a writ to give you back legal possession of the property?

.

.

thanks

.